DELIVERING ENHANCEMENTS ACROSS SPATIAL'S PRODUCT OFFERINGS, ENHANCING THE WORKFLOWS OF TARGETED INDUSTRIES
AUTOMATE MANUFACTURING PROCESSES
Spatial is committed to the enablement of Smart On-Demand Manufacturing. Manufacturers can leverage Spatial’s SDKs and expertise as a one-stop-shop for all their part preparation needs. Introduce automation in your manufacturing process to reduce design cycles and eliminate the human errors that come with it by leveraging features like:
- Semantic information extraction from manufacturing annotations including symbolic and cosmetic threads, letting the CAD drive manufacturing
- CAD Associativity, enabling automatic updates downstream when the source design changes
- Feature recognition and Defeaturing, allowing automatic identification and extraction of parameters from features like holes, fillets, pockets etc. as well as their removal.
- Direct Editing, enabling one step edit of geometry while maintaining associated features like fillets and holes
BUILD YOUR ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING SOLUTION
CGM Core Modeler 2020 1.0 release includes a number of pre-processing tools to help automate geometry handling in Additive Manufacturing software and systems. This release aims at complementing existing functionality like automated healing, to provide a complete solution for building next-generation manufacturing applications. Some of the new features include:
- Instancing and Nesting operators based on constraint solving heuristics to enable manufacturing at scale
- Automatic Part Orientation based on support volume minimization algorithms to optimize material use
HANDLE LARGE ASSEMBLIES, EASILY
Be a major contributor in the acceleration of digital transformation of the manufacturing industry by adding support for large assemblies. With 3D InterOp 2020 1.0 release, you can enable multi-process CAD import of all major CAD formats, including CATIA. This new interface allows you to:
- Parallelize the import of sub-components of assemblies, thus speeding up the total time spent in CAD import. See performance graph below for further details
- Selectively import a sub-section of the entire product structure, thus enabling your users to perform quick and easy reviews
- Serve up chunks of CAD data as soon as it’s available while keeping the main application unblocked, thus enhancing your customer ‘s experience
ENABLE SIMULATION-DRIVEN MODELING & DESIGN OPTIMIZATION
CGM Core Modeler 2020 1.0 release includes the support for best in class Smooth BRep Geometry Morphing operator. This feature enables CAE, CFD and CAM systems to include results from a simulation back into their original Smooth BRep CAD design, easily.
Built on Smooth Displacement Adjustment method (SDA), this operator allows geometry morphing given an input displacement vector field. Thus, CAM systems can implement tooling and design compensations based on Shrinkage or Springback simulation.
CAE or CFD systems can implement design optimization algorithms where simulation drives CAD changes, automatically and reliably.
Additionally, 3D Precise Mesh’s accurate and industrialized meshing capabilities provides you with quality, reliable meshes for your solver.
PICK SPLINE FACES, FASTER
Ray firing is the first essential step to enable geometry selection, which in turn is the first step for many other downstream geometry operations.
ACIS 2020 1.0 includes enhancements to api_ray_fire, resulting in tremendous performance gains. For example, from the graph below, one can infer that a ray-firing computation across 21 spline faces used to take 533 seconds, and now takes only 14 seconds!
Note: This API is now faster than other deprecated ray firing APIs when picking splines.